Tuesday, March 2, 2010

So upset~

First and foremost I know I am blessed to have a job in this economy, but I am so upset right now I want to throw up!
I just heard the health insurance plan I pay for at work is going away! This one was the best of the 4 plans we had access to and I pay out the nose for it. The change will leave us with only the 3 options and they suck! My chest is so tight right now, I have to remind myself to friken breathe. I work for a hospital and this is the kind of crap insurance we get. No wonder they can't keep good help. I am so ready to jump this ship and have been actively looking, especially within the school district. I am willing to take a cut in pay if I can be home with the girls in the Summer. Of course I know I am way over qualified for a lot of the positions posted but gosh give me a chance people.
I am so upset. I want to just quit and say screw it, let us live on a wing and a prayer, however my A type personality will NOT let this happen, dammit. I have NEVER been uninsured in my LIFE!! Now I have 3 more people to take care of and they pull this shit! Last year we didn't even get raises, and I stayed. Now we get a "raise" and the insurance is gonna eat it up and then some. I want to cry and strangle someone at the same time. Boy talk about multitasking.........
God help me.

4 comments:

Noel said...

I am so sorry Tes. I can only imagine the stress involved in it all. I would be like you and look for something...anything else. Good luck my friend. I am hoping that a new job falls in your lap and makes things better :)

Michelle said...

Tes
I am so sorry you have to deal with this. I am not sure which is better bad insurance or no insurance. I have had bad insurance before and it almost put us under financially. Ari's birth cost us $5000 - we just finished paying for her a few years ago! Tim left that job because of insurance so I understand your situation...having Lilah who has the predisposition to needing more inovlved medical care just makes it more stressful...god bless and may you find what your looking for and what you need xo

Laura said...

I'm sorry that you have to deal with that....insurance coverage is a huge stress.

Amy said...

Jump ship when you can, Tes. I make so little money, but can spend time with Avery and take care of her and truly that is one of the keys to happiness. You have to just trust in yourself and know it will work out.HUGS.

The flowering path

The path of our lives is made more beautiful by our children, our water pots that make life's flowers bloom...........