Sunday, August 9, 2009

Oh the poor neglected blog!












Oh the poor blog has suffered, I have discovered FaceBook! Somehow I use Facebook more for me then to update on our life, I like the blog for that especially with my Williams Syndrome friends. Seems we can post a whole situation and then just chat on Facebook.

Not a whole lot to blog about which can be seen as a blessing in a way. The summer has been super hot and lots of time spent out by the pool, we are browner then the bottom of a skillet (ok not a big stretch for me). My children are offically MOCHA with a expresso shot:)

Ava has been busy with YMCA day camp, her tutor and lots of girlfriend playing. At camp she made some great friends and even used a zip line! She had a blast. Unfortunatley she is more then a little upset that we will be holding her back in 2nd grade. We feel it is the best since she has really blossomed this summer and her previous year, while not "failing" she just wasn't ready for 3rd especially with the faster pace. We are hoping for a super second grade. John is concerned about how she will be picked on because we all know how children can be, but we have tried to prepare her in the event of any flak. Hopefully her true friends will shine and accept her non the less. I figure if I screw this up as least that is one more item she can gripe about to her therapist in the future!

Lila suprised us all and enjoyed YMCA day camp. The first few days I was a nervous wreak! Everyday when I picked them up, the were sweaty dirty and exhilerated. At the end of he first week Lila was awarded the "Happy Camper" award for the most excited camper for the whole week. We are blessed that John works out of the house so we really didn't need to send them anywhere for childcare but we felt it was the best for them to be out of the house and having fun outdoors. I always prefer outside instead of glued to the "idiot box". Lila is now doing her YMCA swim lessons which have been a lesson in patience on my end. Most times I try to avoid eye contact so she will at least give her instructor some attention!

Summer has been a booger due to the heat but we have managed to still have fun. Such as painting the second floor, woo hoo! However the outside needed to be painted and hardy plank installed, we thought it best to pay someone instead of sucumming to heat stroke. We also had a great time with Lila and Uncle J battling it out on Guitar Hero. Both of them are stars in my eyes!

My sister's surgery is scheduled for the 1st of september and I am sure all will go according to our plans. Her girls are all back at home and my poor brother in law is once again bombarded by 4 highly opinated women! God bless my Rudy!

My prayers have been extra heavy recently for some of our Williams Syndrome buddies. Many days I want to land on the pity parade and I have to remind myself there are so many of our WS kids and their parents that could only wish for a boring day and a doctor visit without additional pain and hospital stays. Each person has a cross to bear but I can only wonder why some much is heaped on some. I pray for them always. The Gulf Coast Region is preparing for our first conference and I have been honored to be able to help our chairpersons put some items in place. We can only hope that all families are able to make this event and come away with information and comfort of knowing they are not alone. Our most recent visit to TCH was just a annual follow up and we are blessed in that we will not be seeing our friendly nephrologist for another year.

I managed to sign up both girls for CCE at our church. I am late in getting Ava her First Communion but hopefully the good Lord won't hold it against me. Lila will also be in a class and I have volunteered to help out if needed. I am sure I will be re learning quite a lot. I have not really taken the time for bible study and hopefully we are now at the time in our lives for me to take some time for me in that area.

The pictures posted are just a taste of the summer so far! Best to all ~ Tes

1 comment:

Jenny Ann said...

Thanks for your prayers! Your family is adorable.

The flowering path

The path of our lives is made more beautiful by our children, our water pots that make life's flowers bloom...........