Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Sister Anna the Strong


Well this morning John and I went down to the medical center to see Anna. I picked up a few items for her some magazines, lotion, cards etc. I expected to see her all laid up and in some pain………………….THAT GIRL was not suffering at all! (Thanks be to God). She had her phone plugged in and getting all the low down on all the goings on in the outside world, TV tuned to her HGTV and her best friend and Rudy at her beck and call. Suffering HA!

Her belly is showing more bruising today (and I have photos) and she is waiting to urinate but other then that she is FINE! She cracks me up. Of course me being the anal one wants to know if she has every thing ready at home after she is released on Thursday (on condition that she goes pee pee). “Like what”? she asked, well I don’t know the stuff you are going to be able to eat??? Soups, broth, jello, pudding yada, yada, yada. I evidently am worrying for nothing. She feels she is going to be cruising the supermarket with no problems dragging Rudy the whole way. Hhmmmm. The Margarita (our mother NOT the drink) in me has a wait and see attitude. The main thing is she is happy happy happy. She is very pleased with the care she has at Methodist, her doctor, which is Dr. Garth Davis from Big Medicine on the Discovery Channel. She loved her anesthesia guy (she knew his whole life story as she was about to go under) and her male nurse (“he is so young and cute”) not that Rudy noticedJ My sister is a totally roasted NUT.

We sat and chatted for a while and went over some of the stuff she learned during her pre surgery bariatric classes, she knows what she needs to do and I hope Rudy doesn’t have to call me to come crack the whip she is not pretty when she get stubborn, believe me I know. She was getting a little sleepy, she didn’t sleep very hard last night since they had to continually check on her and her vitals. I think she was beginning to feel a little pain/soreness since she mentioned she was gonna push “the button” for the pain medication soon. All in all it has been good, she just needs now to introduce more liquids today, tonight and tomorrow. If all is flowing well she will begin her new journey at home.

I promised to set her up a blog so we can document her journey. Not sure what the title will be but we will keep you all in the loop for now I am going to post this on mine today w/photos. She is super excited and so am I. As we all know she is already Hell on Wheels I guess now I just have to hitch up and get ready for the ride. Thanks for all your prayers and keep them coming, the next months are going to be hard. No doubt about it. For now she is doing great and this is her new beginning, a Re Birthday (as a few friends call these types of second chances) is what we have. Check in on us and hold on for the ride!!

No comments:

The flowering path

The path of our lives is made more beautiful by our children, our water pots that make life's flowers bloom...........