Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Perimenopause

I think I am smack at the doorway of perimenopause. I have been having a really hard time lately. My medication for despression doesn't seem to be working, I have no desire to accomplish anything. I am tired yet I can't sleep. The last afternoons I could fall asleep standing up.

I don't want to cook and eat healthy, for me that is a warning sign right there! I am not a fan of fast food but lately I don't even want to think about planning a meal. That is itself pisses me off cause then all my weight loss just goes out the window. When I feel fat I feel like crap, my lower back hurts and my face feels puffy.

I am just muddling through. My moods range from pissiness to a desire to cry my eyes out. Small crap that in the past would just pass now sends me to the moon. Lately I have just spewed a response without a blink of an eye, like what I am really thinking just lands at the tip of my tongue and delivered. I am sure John has noticed I no longer "pick my battles" cause I no longer hold my tongue BAM all out confrontation. Many times it seems like just a flick of a switch and I am over the top. It just sucks.

My hair is falling out enough that I could weave a tarp out of the amount that comes out in the shower. UGH. How much draino can you store under your sink without calling out hazmat?

Sex? whatever~could care less. Memory what memory? I loose my train of thought in a middle of a conversation and at this point every one needs to wear a damn nametag. Family included.

My periods are from HELL. Never in my life had I had to deal with such a situation. I have a appointment for my well woman check up in October, I don't care if they have to strap a hormone patch to my forehead, something has to give I can't live this way. I feel like a slug.

8 comments:

Mercedes said...

And yet, just look at you. You're saying kind, heartfelt, reaffirming things to the rest of us when we need them. Even at your worst, you're still an amazingly beautiful person. :)

Penny said...

I'm sorry Tes. I do know exactly how you feel. You took all of the words right out of my mouth. I am feeling the exact same way. I did start on Paxil about a month and a half ago and it has helped tremendously, particularily with the tears and outburts. I still am tired ALL the time and could also fall asleep standing up. How old are you? Hope you don't mind me asking. I turned 41 in May.

Let me know what the dr. says and please call if you ever need to talk..727-278-2668

Sending you lots of hugs,

Penny

Tes said...

Thanks ladies, i am 45 (late bloomer)and seem to meet all the key items of peri menopause, I just want to find some answers of this extended funk! I take Prestiq and should be in therapy but I don't take the time or the money to do it. Recently I blogged that we may need family therapy so that may be closer then I think. Thanks for checking on me. I appreicate it!

Noel said...

I am sorry that you feel like this. It does suck.
Just remember what Mercedes wrote...you are an amazingly beautiful person and we love you. Hang in there!!

Unknown said...

I wanted to let you know about my new site that will be launched November 20th.

The site is called PerimenopauseNaturally.com and will have answers to many of your concerns.

By showing you how to take small, simple steps – just one at a time- I hope to help you thrive, not just survive perimenopause by providing the tools and community that supports your transition with a mix of optimism and humor.

My hope is to empower you to take this journey with your glass half full.

I encourage you to visit www.PerimenopauseNaturally.com and sign up for my Menopause Moments.

I look forward to hearing from you, Lynn Merves, The Optimistic Pessimist

Amy said...

In terms of your antidepressants, they DO stop working sometimes...and when mine stop working it is typically around this time of year, as the seasons start changing...so consider a switch and see if that helps. It sounds to me like yours aren't doing squat for you right now.
xoxo
Amy

Julie said...

I am right there with you honey. Especially the memory and hair thing. I am not on meds but think it may not be a bad idea. Hang in there.

Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Oh, you poor thing. I know EXACTLY what you are going through. I, too, have many of those issues. Unfortunately, I used to experience horrible rages during which I felt almost homicidal. I actually engaged in a raging argument with a screener at Detroit Metro Airport and was hauled off to security, yelling all the way! The next day I was back to my old self.

My suggestion is exercise and medicine. Or just beat the hell out of an airport screener. It's quite therapeutic!

The flowering path

The path of our lives is made more beautiful by our children, our water pots that make life's flowers bloom...........